Don't see your question here? Feel free to contact me directly!
+ How do I even start? i feel overwhelmed!
I know it can feel like a lot when you are first making the transition into a healthier way of living. The most important thing to remember is that we are all still learning and will be for as long as healthy living is important to us. Just being willing to start where you are is the best place to begin. You don’t have to know everything in order to begin because small changes along the way are just as invaluable as knowing a lot about nutrition after years of studying. So pick up a book or read a blog post and get to learning, making one small change at a time. For more help on where/how to start, feel free to contact me!
+ can I eat this way on a budget?
Absolutely! This is something that a lot of people ask me about. There are some key things you can do to set yourself up for success while saving money and a few of them are listed below:
- Buying things in bulk. It tends to be helpful if you are able to buy things in advance that will last. Things like spices, oils, dried produce, nuts, healthy protein bars for eating on the go, good meat that is on sale that you can freeze, etc..
- Making time to meal prep so that none of your food goes to waste and you can either store it properly in the fridge for a few days or freeze it for later use.
- Buying ahead instead of one meal at a time. Finding things on sale and buying them then, will help in the long run, even if it’s not something you currently need.
- Planning meals in advance so that you can use the same ingredients in one week for multiple different meals. Planning, you will see, is key for a lot of different aspects of healthy eating and living!
+ I have tried lots of diets & none of them work. What makes this different?
The important thing to remember is that this isn’t a diet in the normal usage of the term. Learning how to make healthy eating habits and patterns oftentimes comes from a long history of just not knowing what is good for us. In my one on one consulting I am passionate about education and implementing changes right away so that my clients begin gaining a confidence in their own food choices that will last for the rest of their lives. I don’t seek to offer anyone a quick fix to a lifelong challenge, but rather offer hope through teaching clients about food + nutrition and inspiring everyone to want to make this a complete lifestyle makeover. Your body was designed to know how to work and heal itself and it’s my desire to help you unlock the knowledge and the know-how to help you assist your own body in remembering to do what it was created to do.
+ How important is counting calories?
There is something to be said for calories in, calories out, sure. But a huge myth that accompanies this solo way of thinking is the devaluing of nutrients in order assist in weight loss and weight management. In our work together, we will focus on nutrient dense whole foods in proper porportions rather than tracking calories. In my experience this kind of thinking helps bring the freedom and joy back into food while still achieving your goals.
+ Do you offer payment plans?
I know that life throws us all curve balls every now and then and I want to be mindful and respectful of that. If you are someone in need of a potential payment plan, please contact me with your request and I would love to help you as much as I am able.
+ List of things Holistic Health can help with, but not limited to:
- Healthy Eating Habits
- Weight Loss + Management
- Women’s Health
- Lifestyle Habits
- Skin Issues
- Digestive Health
- Blood Sugar Regulation
- Hormone Support
- Autoimmune Conditions | Hashimotos + Graves
- Low Thyroid Function
- Immune Support